A malfunctioning garage door can be a real headache when it comes to home maintenance. Fortunately, most of the issues you may have with your garage door are easy to troubleshoot and fix yourself. The five most common problems people experience with their garage doors include slow response time, loud noises when opening and closing, the remote not working, the door coming off track, and the door not closing all the way. Here’s a quick look at how to address each of these issues:
1) Slow Response Time: This is usually caused by an issue with the springs, which must be adjusted or replaced. Call a professional garage door repair service in Portola Valley to do the job if needed.
2) Loud Noises when Opening/Closing: This is usually caused by worn-out parts or a misalignment of the door’s components. The fix can be as simple as lubricating the tracks and hinges or replacing any broken parts that may be causing the issue.
3) Remote Not Working: This is often caused by a battery issue. Make sure that you are using the correct type and size of battery, and if it still doesn’t work properly, check to see if there are any obstructions between the remote and the receiver.
4) Door Coming Off Track: If your door looks crooked or is not staying on the tracks, it must be serviced.
5) Door Not Closing All the Way: This can be caused by various issues such as misaligned or broken parts or an obstruction in the way of the sensors. Check to see if the sensors are clean and in good working order, and look at the tracks to see if everything looks aligned properly. If needed, replace any broken or worn-out parts.
If you face any of these common garage door problems, don’t worry! With some troubleshooting, most issues can be resolved without hiring an experienced garage door repair service in Valley Center.
Source Link: https://karlogaragedoorsandgates.com/5-common-garage-door-problems-and-how-to-fix-them/